CMS Collection filter functionality

Hey all,
Hoping someone can help me find a way to make this all work. I have a CMS Collection. Each collection item is one portfolio piece. Within each item I have multiple photos.

On the page I am using the pagination feature to slide through one collection item at a time. Nested within that I have a slider to rotate each items photos.

I have a dropdown selector for each collection item for the category. What I am trying to do is create a navigation menu that when clicked it will show those items that have that category selected.

I tried the finsweet filter but because the items are being displayed by the pagination feature its basically as if they are all on separate pages. The finsweet filter function will only work when all items are on one page.

Hope that all makes sense. See my links below. I really hope someone can help me figure this out so I can add more pieces to the portfolio. If I have to change the layout of the page I will but I would think there has to be a way to make it work the way I have it laid out, I am just blanking on how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sarahs-domain?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=sarahs-domain&preview=d91804d76e577c57dfee45beb54f9e78&mode=preview

Here is the live page: Work & Portfolio