CMS Collection not functioning correctly - (custom lightbox)

Hey there!

On this page, I have a collection that includes a vimeo link. When the user clicks on the thumbnail, it’s supposed to open a video lightbox with the appropriate video. What it’s doing is opening the same video every time, the video for the first thumbnail. Would love any help with this!

Preview Only Site
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/makebeautiful?preview=0b9aa31b242c1e85847b67d107dcd50d

Webflow components like Slider and Lightbox is not CMS-compatible. You’ll have to implement a workaround, that can be found on this forum.

Hey @samliew,

I was using a custom built “lightbox” using animations.

Hi @jocando

Nice site!

Looks like you have some custom code on the page - so can’t guarantee this will fix it…but if you change the link settings on the ‘workplaywrapper’ to this - does that work for you?

workplaywrapper

Hope so… :crossed_fingers:

Hi @jocando

I took a look at your site and the custom lightboxes appear to be showing their respective videos now. Did solution @StuM recommend work for you?

Sort of! It was the custom code that was making the collections not work right. I was using the code to make the videos stop playing after the lightbox is closed. So, that problem still exists if you know of any solutions?

1 Like

Hmm. Definitely a fun problem to solve. I’m no JS expert, but I know this is definitely possible.

I found this Stack Overflow resource that may help get you started!

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Sounds good! Thanks for the resource!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.