Streaming live at 10am (PST)

CMS - Conditional visibility

Hi there,
I'm missing the possibility of using reference value as condition for element visibility.

Use case:
I'm designing a blog post template.
I want to make a section in the bottom which displays other posts then current from current post category.
When there is no other post in current post category I would like to hide this section.

Thank you

Hi,

At list level you set the list to show only posts from the current category:

Down the hierarchy, lower than the Dynamic Item level, you set the cond. visibility to avoid showing the current post in the list of other post of the current category:

That's what you're probably missing: conditional visibility happens on dynamic elements (a text, an image, a link...), not on dynamic objects (a Dynamic List, a Dynamic Item).

Now if the list is empty, that's true, it will display the empty state message... I don't know if there's a solution for not showing the list if it's empty.

Hi Vincent, thank you for your time :slight_smile:

This is exactly what I mean, to hide element based on condition if list is empty.
I want to hide the whole section with related posts in case there are no other related posts.
Actually what I would need is the condition...
Element is visible when the post-count in current post category is more then 1.
Maybe sometimes in the future :smiley:

You can add this request to the whishlist site! https://wishlist.webflow.com/

i'll give you some of my votes if you do so :slight_smile:

Hey @tomatej

What you can do here is select the no items found empty state container, add a class to it and simply set

.emptystate {
  display: none;
}

on it. Let us know if that works for you! :slight_smile:

Thank you @bart and @vincent.
I´m going with styling and message at the moment.

Well, you know, its totally useless piece of content, but if I can't hide it it is at least understandable :smiley: