Streaming live at 10am (PST)

CMS horizontal scrolling with timeline

Hey, I was wondering how to make a horizontal scrolling page like in this website:

Image to explain which part I mean:

I would like to use CMS to connect the images to the years and make it possible so that when a year is clicked the site is automatically scrolled to the items from the selected year.

Attached is the website I am working on and the page I am trying to make work is the Timeline page.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/david-dor?preview=21045df93b4b9d534260a418cb68662b
(how to access public share link)

Hello!

Check out this blog post that goes through the process step-by-step. The highlighted year at the bottom and the growing and shrinking of of the devices is all added afterwards with IX2 using the “While Scrolling” interaction.

If you have questions feel free to ask I love making crazy stuff with horizontal scrolling.

-Ryan

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for your response, I have implemented that elsewhere in my site, however I can’t seem to find how to connect so that when items from a different year scroll into view the year headline in the top changes to the relevant year. (CMS usually makes life easier, but here I find it makes it harder for me :stuck_out_tongue:)