First off, really love the community and have found so many helpful posts on here! I’ve built a good few webflow sites now, so I’m not a complete beginner, but I’ve stumbled into a problem with this one. Here goes:
- I’ve got a collection list with 45 items.
- Rather than each item in the collection list link to a seperate page, I just want the info to appear in a modal.
- So within each collection item I’ve created a div with position fixed within the item which acts as the modal wrapper.
- I’ve set up the relevant interactions to make the modal work.
- Everything works as it should!.. except
- The dom size is over 8,000 elements
I guess that the proper way to do this is to have only one single page modal wrapper, and use JS just to change the content of the modal when the “more info” button is clicked. But I’m not good with JS and don’t know how to do this. Does anyone know how to do this, or is there something I am missing?
Unfortunately since this is a sensitive client project I can’t share a read-only link publically. However here is an xray of the collection list items to show the setup: