Streaming live at 10am (PST)

CMS Lightbox - How to link Lightboxes

Hello Webflowers,

I want to ask you if there is an option to link lightboxes within CMS Collection Item.

Check my read-only link. I have a collection of products. Every product has a gallery (multi-image field). Those images are displayed by nested collection as Lightboxes.

Everything is fine; I just do not know how to link all Lightboxes within the same collection. If I set a group name, it applies that group to every collection item. The result is the connection of lightboxes of all collection items. I only need to link the lightboxes within the same collection item.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I’d greatly appreciate your help.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/uw-eyonawa?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=uw-eyonawa&preview=8ef0f26f4de3e959cea59471d7786016&pageId=5f09c7dfe32edc068d8d5638&mode=preview

2 Likes

any ideas? :frowning:

Hi, I am having the same problem. Any solution yet, please?

I am having the same issue, did any of you figure it out?

I have exactly the same issue and cannot find a work around… Will post if I find one but in the meantime it would be great if the Webflow team could jump in perhaps…

Yup, same problem. I actually posted about it in October but no replies. :frowning:

Same issue. Would love to know if there is a solution out there.

Hoping this post gets more attention. It looks like this is not yet enabled in webflow though: The

“For lightboxes in Collection lists, creating and linking one lightbox in a Collection item will automatically link all lightboxes in the Collection list.”
Lightbox | Webflow University.

Anyone know for sure if there’s a workaround for this, or if it’s in the works? Hope they add cms fields to the links field, sounds like that would solve it.

same issue
do you have a solution to this? @PixelGeek @samliew @webdev