CMS multi-reference Zapier Integration via API ID

Hi Guys!

I need some help!

I recently figured out how to use the ID of a given CMS reference-item with Zapier to create a new CMS-item that contains to chosen reference-item.

However, i am running into issues when multiple-ID’s are given (as result of the dropdown feature in a webflow-form with select more on). Zapier or webflow is unable to read the ID’s and gives me an error. I am however, under the impression that working with multi-reference fields is possible.

Has anyone pulled this off?

It would be greatly appriciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Waldo Hee Waldo, would you maybe have an idea on this issue?

1 Like

It is possible via the API, but I think Zapier has limited support for arrays in records.

Yeah, I have same problem. Would be good to hear what can be done :slight_smile:

Hi all! Did anyone find a solution to this?

Thats the solution right now. API.

From my expierence I had no luck doing it with API ID’s for multi reference fields, It works when one ID is given, but gives an error when more ID’s are given.

1 Like

Anyone have an update here? I’m struggling to get the API to accept my updates to the multi-reference field. Have tried sending IDs as string and array …

TTT.

Anyone figure this out? Have posted in Zapier community boards also.

This is the best walkthrough I’ve seen, Webflow Multi-Reference Fields with Integromat + Zapier - YouTube.

It shows how to do it using either Integromat or Zapier.

Thanks to @rileyrichter for putting this together!

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is still current, but there is a simple way to fix this in Make.com.
Place two Webflow modules in a row. Connect the first one with your Webflow CMS of choice. This one contains the Multi-reference field.
Connect the second module with the CMS that contains the content for this multi-reference field.
In this case, I placed a Google Sheet module at the end of the two. This one collects all the info from the first module and the second module.

There is also a parser in the middle to get rid of the HTML tags that are generated by the Rich Text Field in the first CMS.

Hi @HGWeb,
would you mind giving me some more details about your integration? I’m afraid I don’t understand yet, what you are exactly doing in these steps.
I have a simuilar issue, where I want to use the trigger on Airtable and send the newly created/updated data to Webflow CMS. Some fields contain mulitiple references, as my Webflow CMS is build that way.