Code help - count number of cms items

Hi

I have seen this post - Adding a dynamic item that counts the number of posts in a collection

Anyone with experience of adding this to webflow? If so can you send me the code and how to get it to work? Perhaps there is a script out there somewhere, although having search extensively not found anything so far.

Thanks very much you lovely people…

2 Likes

so the trick could be to drag in the collection list, set it to display none, but still count the number of posts in jQuery:

CloudApp

<script>

blogNumber = $('.blog-post').length;
$('.blog-count').text(blogNumber);

</script>

hope this helps :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you…that is exactly what I needed

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying this same code on my site to give a count of all blog posts, but I need it to be able to add multiple collection lists together. I have over 200 blog posts so I have a collection list displaying items 1-100 and then 101-200 and 201-300. is there a way to tweak this code to do this? Thank you!

3 Likes

Any updates on this one. Facing the same issue.

What to do to have more then 100 the max per page? is there a solution?

Is this really heavy to load? I.e. does Webflow have to pull through all the CMS information each time in order to find that number?

Nelson, please help.
How do I display the number of items if I have a nested structure. Multi-reference.
Each post goes to another CMS collection via Multi reference, then I load some other posts from there. And that’s the value I want to display. How do I do that?
I need to use array brute force, but I can’t do it.

Hi how to apply this? what exactly to do? .)

Hi!
I need help to count nested CMS collection. I tried tis code but it’s count all nested elements
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/darias-dandy-site-62c9d9?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=darias-dandy-site-62c9d9&preview=34b9c97c0cf4f9076a86b2ead5c23740&workflow=preview

hi @d_onofrei to be able count categories for EACH article you need first grab all articles and apply code to EACH Article. Something like this:

const posts = document.querySelectorAll(".blog_post");
posts.forEach( p => {
const cats = p.querySelectorAll(".cat")

// create text node add it to DOM and add textContent
const textNode = document.createElement("paragraph") // or <span> or ...

// append node to the end of article or whatever ..
p.appendChild(textNode) 

// add text node
textNode.textContent = `There are ${cats.length} categories`;
1 Like

Thank you @Stan This works perfect!