Collection list fields not empty

So, I’m seeing this really weird behaviour posting content in a CMS collection. When I publish a CMS collection item (a portfolio project in this case), sometimes I leave some rich text fields empty, as I don’t have the content yet. The weird thing is that the empty RTF are not empty on the site. They contain either “Lorem Ipsum” text or duplicate the text I put in another field. You can see it on my published site on all the projects, e.g. https://www.felixreiners.de/project/smart-data-sdk
As far as I can tell it’s not a cashing issues, at least not on the browser side.

Anyone an idea what this is about?

I am having the same problem right now. Awaiting a response from support. In my case it is showing a duplicate of a web form.

I filed a bug report yesterday as well. I’ll let you know when I hear back from them.

Ok, so Webflow support was super-helpful in solving this. Basically, it was a mismatch of fields (paragraph vs rich text field) and the the special challenges that come with rich text fields. Here is what they sent me.

The reason for your issue is because you are yet to link your paragraphs to your CMS list items, which is why you are seeing the default paragraph text both in the Designer and on your published site. But I also think the reason for your issues is because these fields in your collecting list are RichText fields, not plain text, which is why you can’t link them in the first place.

I understand that this can be a bit confusing and seem like a bug, but I have recorded a video for you here to show you what I mean, what you have to do in order to link these fields, and also how to style your RichText fields as well, as this can be a bit tricky as well.

Watch this video here and your issue will be resolved: https://share.getcloudapp.com/04uJ22JD

I hope this video was helpful, but I know that was a lot of information as well so please let me know if you have any questions.

These videos can also be helpful too from the Webflow university:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.