Collection list

Hi there,

I’m coming with a question :

I have made a collection list on the homepage which features 6 projects and a button to see more projects. When clicking on this button, a new page opens where there will be all the projets around 15.

If I reuse the collection list and add new projects, they appear also in the homepage. I don’t want that.

Shall I create a new collection list with the 15 projects ? If so, what about the project page. It will be 2 projects pages created ?

I hope I’m clear on my demand.

Thank you so much for your help.

Lisa :slight_smile:

Here is my public share link: http://sugarfull-website.webflow.io/
(how to access public share link)

Hi Lisa,

So, you’re supposed to share your read-only link as well (tips on how to do that here: How to Enable a Webflow Share Link), but I might be able to answer your question anyway with a screenshot from my site.

I think what you want to do is, on the homepage, go into the collection list settings and click to “limit” the collection list. You can then sort or filter to control which projects show in that limited list. I added a field to my collection called order so the projects are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 and they always show in the order I decided.

Does that help?

Hello fatpuppy,

I will try this and i would like to thank you so much for your answer !!!

I let u know.

Have a great we.

Lisa

Hey @Lisa_Laprade

Here’s a suggestion: create the following structure

• Collection List (limit to 6 items)
  • See More button
  • Collection List (duplicate of 1st collection, limit to 15 items
  • See Less button (optional)

Use an interaction on the button that immediately hides the first instance of the collection list and the button while at the same time revealing the second instance of the collection list. This will create an illusion of more items being added and extending the page.

Optionally add a 2nd button after the 2nd collection list that is revealed at the same time and has an interaction to reverse the first interaction.

On another note, like @fatpuppy mentioned, you can use a custom field if you want to create a custom order for the items. Also using the filter and sort functions for list might help get you the exact desired layout order.

Hope this helps. Happy designing!

1 Like

Hi fatpuppy,

It works perfect !!! I added a filter with a number too.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Lisa

1 Like

Thank you so much for your advice and help !!!

Lisa