Collection / Reference Limit - workaround logic

Hi All.
I am a great fan of webflow and I have almost got my business website off the ground. However, it has been severely hampered by the collection and reference field limits.

The 100 item per collection limit, was the first restriction - as I wanted to have a product collection but I have more than 100 products. So i got around this by separating all my products into it’s own collection - currently have 10 collections with products in them.

I thought I would be able to display all of this by smartly create a Product Category collection which I could then multi reference / single reference for each Product. BUT I’ve just seen that there can only be a maximum of 5 reference fields per collection. Which means I can’t tag them correctly as I have 10 collections.

Products are clothing
Separated into collections:
T-shirt, Shirt, Jackets, Trousers, Shoes, Skirts, Sweaters, Accesories etc

Create a category collection:
Limited to only 5 reference fields.

Could someone please help me figure out how to structure the site in a useful way as I’ve already updgraded my plan and to have to migrate and rebuild this site elsewhere would be a great pain.

I would share my link but since I am unable to create the collections structure it wouldnt’ help in my case.

Many thanks in advance.

(IMO I think it’s not right that even on a paid plan, it’s very restrictive to how I can use the data.)

Thanks
Tim

1 Like