Collection Templates Issues

I’m really hoping this will be last post and I can get this site live. I’m having some issues with my collections. I’ve made the collections for “Listings” and I made a “Listings” template page. My first issue is with the template page:

1. Some of my listings have more or less than X number of photos. As of now, if there are less photos than 18 (the amount in my collection entry) than the slider shows an empty X image square. Is there anyway for the slider in my template to show only the number of photos uploaded in my collection entry?

2. If there is not a way, is there a work around or a different method to displaying the photos in a similar manner?

3. Now that I have the template pages, how do I get my “Current Listings” page/dynamic to link to the corresponding templates? Do I need to make separate pages for each listing?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Hi @mrsdestroyer

Can you please update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like screenshots and your environment info really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

@PixelGeek

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I’m not sure what kind of screen shots you want. Environment info?

My template includes a slider which accomodates up to 18 images but for listings with less than 18 images, this happens:

Obviously that doesn’t look good and I would prefer that the slider only displays as many images as are uploaded. It is my understanding that the CMS and the Slider are not integrated and if that is the case, I’m wondering if there is another solution to make a similar picture display without integrating them.

I have made the template for my listings, and now I need to know how to correlate them into pages. As of now, when you go to the Listings list. And click on a link, nothing happens. When I try to get the URL from my Listings collection, here are not options. See below.

These all have URLs because the collection assigned a URL. If I go the the assigned URL, this is what I see:

What do I need to do to have the templates be pages? I’m very confused about why the URL linking isn’t working. What do I need to do???

Lastly, I would like my nav links background to be green when the user is on the current page and the text to be white. From what I can see, I can’t make the text white on current?! So it looks like this:

Hi @mrsdestroyer, thanks for the additional information, could you please also share the read-only link to the site design, so that the elements/structure/design can be looked at?

Take a peek here: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

Thanks in advance!

@cyberdave

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bdrealty?preview=763f7b3a94a85b4a7faf43a836cd218b

Hi @mrsdestroyer thank you so much for sending over that Read-Only link! :smiley:

For your Navbar, it looks like you have some conflicting styles.

Select your “NavLinkText” element and remove the font color style from that element. Then select it’s parent element “NavLink” and change the font color for your non-current link to that green:

Then use Conditional visibility to only display your sides if that particular image associated with it is set:

For your listings page, just set the link to go to the current listing via the dynamic page link setting (you can do this in the link context menu as well):

Looks like you already fixed the current: state for the link settings. Please let me know if this helps :smiley:

@PixelGeek @Waldo

Read only link: Webflow - Big Dog Realty
Waldo,

I followed your excellent tutorials to the letter and almost everything is working but there is still a problem with conditional visibility on the slider.

What is happening is that there is just an empty square. Is there any way to fix this? Please see screenshots below.

Thank you again for your help.