Community livestream #5 - Let’s create a brutalist page

Join us on Tuesday, April 24th at 10am (pacific)
[ Save your spot ]

In this this community livestream we’ll build a brutalist page — a raw, freestyle, decorative site designed with little concern for usability or elegance. Brutalism is seen by some as a reaction of a younger generation to the lightness, optimism, and frivolity of today’s web design.

We’ll focus on element structure and CSS styling, and make everything come to life with Webflow Interactions 2.0.

2 Likes

Not sure if this question would be answered in the stream but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere. Do most brutalist websites completely disregard ADA and Section 508 compliance? And has anyone with a brutalist website ever run into legal troubles because of this? I am not in a situation like that I am just wondering because they are conflicting design aspects.

clone today’s project here:
https://webflow.com/website/brutalist-workshop

have fun! :smiley:

Hey Nelson,
I think I have made a bit of a mistake, is it correct that if I don’t actually sign up for the Crowdcast streams one by one, then they will not appear in your dashboard after the stream? I didn’t sign up for #5 (busy) and now I cannot find it in my dashboard, I assumed it would automatically appear in the same way as being subscribed to Webflow on YouTube?
Thanks Graham

Scratch that Nelson, I see I needed to follow Webflow on Crowdcast!!!

1 Like