Conditional visibility for symbols

Hi there

I have a collection site with more than one language. Now i wan’t to change the footer if the collection item is set to one or another language. I can do that i’ve i change the visibility on an object and then make a symbol out of that. But when i made the symbol i can’t change the visibility settings anymore. I have to unlink e symbol, change the settings and then make a symbol again. is there a way to do this with the symbol? When not i have to change the symbol on every page again…

Thanks

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Why not turn the footer into a collection itself and just create conditional visibility for each language. Once you do that it should reflect the language you choose, but you will probably have to have a button category option for the language that you want.

If that makes sense?

Mark,

To answer your question because I have run into a similar situation. To add conditional visibility to a symbol simply add a div to wrap the symbol. Then place the conditional visibility on that wrapper div not the symbol. Hope that helps some one else down the road.

4 Likes

@RussT Great solution, you solved my issue. Thank you.

1 Like

This was what I needed. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh that’s great you solve my all issues about it. Thanks for this information.

Thanks for sharing it with us.