Conditional Visibility Problem

Hi guys,

So Im running into this problem I have different collection items where I want my client to input each artist but for some hover effect reasons I had to do each collection separately.

The objective is new text blocks for each artist appear every time a new artist is inputted. But Ive made each collection separate for the hover effects…

And every collection is set to start 1 limit 1, start 2 limit 1, start 3 limit 1. And so on. So every time a new artist is created I should go in and edit which doesnt make sense as Ive made it so she can handle it on her own.

What is a possible work around this?

CMS conditional - YouTube ← VIDEO

https://snag.gy/LRBWs2.jpg ← Screenshot

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/akka?preview=1443c0b71a18164c7c066a947c9950b0 ← READ ONLY

Let me know if is unclear and can make a new video if you need so…

Thanks,

Hi @Tomas_Alonso great question!

I’m curious if there’s a way to allow that design style with one collection list instead of multiple collection lists. I believe @Nita had built out a similar design before.

Usually using a sort-order field would help you to organize each of those list items.

That said, to hide your empty collection list, you can style the empty state to a 0% opacity as a workaround:

Thanks for the compliment Waldo

Ok sure I’ll do that as of now but In the end I will always have to do the manual work when she inputs a new artist…

Yes @Nita was actually the one that helped me achieving the hover over image based on collection in the first place!

Im sure she will come up with something great.

Thanks

Hi @Tomas_Alonso

Is this what your are looking for?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cms-images-on-hover-ix2?preview=d6ac55bcf83c590dffb5cf12c3b7b09a

Hope this helps! :smile:

Love the simplicity of how this is structured. Kind of matches the simplicity and elegance of the final effect.

2 Likes

Hi @Nita @Waldo

This post reminded me of another from a couple of days ago - where they are looking to create a kind of hybrid auto play slider/custom tab hover.

Would you be able to take a look and see if you think it is possible - the solution in this thread is great for the hover and display part - but they are also wanting the elements to auto slide/play.

In my head I think both are possible - but I think over-riding animations would be an issue…

What planet are you from? Because you are certainly not human

Simply an amazing solution.

Thanks a lot Nita, it really did help!

1 Like

That’s very close to what I’d like to achieve in my separate post (Best way to recreate this). I just need to find a way to make it ‘auto-play’ and cycle through each image like a slideshow.

I’m stuck between using the Tabs element or the Slideshow element but neither meet my needs. I don’t know if there’s a way to activate certain slides via another element with an interaction.

Well this sounds complex on completely different scale.

I wish I could helo you through but let alone how much I struggled with this one. Let me know if you do find a solution that be very interesting to see.