Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Configuring links to work with staging domains

Hi everyone,

We’ve just moved to Webflow and could do with a little bit of help resolving an issue with setting up our staging env.

We are now using Webflow as our landing page, on our subdomain www. (e.g. www.example.com and we have our react platform on our subdomain app. (e.g. app.example.com).

The landing page contains a number of links that point to the platform, such as a login button on www.example.com, which takes the user to app.example.com/login.

This however causes an issue when using a different domain for our staging environment, (e.g. www.staging-example.com). When the user clicks the same login button on the staging version of the site, they are still taken to app.example.com/login, when we want them to be taken to app.staging-example.com/login.

I’ve attached a couple of screenshots to show how we are setting the links for our buttons.

Before we switched to Webflow, we were using environment variables to solve this, but I don’t believe that can be done with Webflow.

I’ve scoured the docs for a way to solve this and so far not found anything… is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Mike