Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Conflicting Tooltips within Webflow

There’s something confusing about Webflow’s tooltips that I’d like to share with the team.

I was cautioned by Webflow to set my Body element’s position to relative per this tooltip’s advice (because the child Div Block is set to Absolute):

(click to see full image with tooltip)

However, Webflow does not allow the Body’s position to be edited, as stated in this tooltip here:

(click to see full image with tooltip)

I think Webflow might need to remove the caution symbol and associated tooltip if the parent element is the website Body, unless I am missing some specific case here.

Cheers,
Christopher

Hi @seetravers

Thanks so much for posting about this — definitely looks like some conflicting instructions there.

I’ll get this reported to our team so we can work out more accurate copy here. However, I wasn’t able to reproduce the behavior on this end.

When I add an element to the body and set it to position absolute, I’m unable to see the yellow warning notification:

Can you please share your Read-Only link?

​Thanks in advance!

Hey Brando :slight_smile:

I did some more testing and discovered you can recreate this bug by making the child element a symbol (topbar-wrapper is a symbol in my case). Try making Section 15 a symbol and it should reveal the conflicting tooltip. From my testing, this affects both Chrome and Firefox.

Cheers,
Christopher

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.