Connect Webflow Landing Page to Web App

Hello!

I have been hired to design a web app with a landing page.

Instead of the developers working on the web app and the landing page, I want to tell my client that I can design and build the landing page, and then we can connect it to the web app after the developers complete it.

What is the best way to connect the Webflow landing page with the web app?

Thank you for your support.

Bahaa

Thinking of the top of my head here…

I would suggest that you keep your web app on a sub domain (eg. app.example.com) and add a link to the web app on your landing page that you are designing and developing on Webflow.

The landing page being designed on Webflow would be on your main domain (eg example.com)

2 Likes

+1 for this approach.

1 Like

First, thank you for your reply, I appreciate your time.

Second, will that mean that my client will need to purchase 2 domains, and get 2 hosting plans?

Generally speaking, no. For example if your domain is website.com, then you can add an A record in your DNS registrar for the sub domain app.website.com.

It depends where your webapp is being hosted. If your developers are using Webflow then yes, otherwise it depends on where they are hosting. There are services like Firebase with very generous free tiers that can be used for this.

1 Like

I am having same Question. Any proper Answer?

I would also suggest to Export your Landing Page when you’re finished designing in Webflow to prevent “two hosting plans” involved.

Afaik there’s no way to build and host a real Web App including service-workers directly inside Webflow (I did take a look into this and that was my personal conclusion).

Please clarify what you mean by just a “landing page”. There can be many different questions that means.

Just a designed index page with the rest of the domain being a web application (not built in the web application)?
This would not be practical, due to other landing pages (on the web-app front end) being different from Webflows style. Exporting the index page would be smarter, but the sever load would drastically cost more to meet what Webflows sites can handle (I’m talking when you’ve got 1k plus users). Also SSL and TLS are on you to handle.

If your question is for connecting a webflow (front end site) to a server side (back end)?
This would be done through customized JavaScript and form submissions. This method is a sweet spot for cyber attacks. Even as a experienced software engineer on web servers, I’d highly recommend thinking twice before trying that option due to all the vulnerabilities it creates.