Connecting Webflow and Shopify with Zapier

UPDATE MAY 19 2020: SEE Connecting Webflow and Shopify with Udesly, Git and ThemeKit FOR DETAILS. END UPDATE.

Hi Gaynes and everyone. Blendr is very responsive. They are doing everything they can to help, including 24 hour turnaround for my requests. However we are going with a different solution. We discovered Udesly’s WF → Shopify adapter (Webflow to Shopify | Udesly.com) and frankly it’s amazing. It allows you to code in Webflow and host in Shopify. To see it in action, here’s our original site in Webflow: www.xialla.com. And here’s our converted site in progress on Shopify www.clubxialla.com. (temp URL that will change to xialla.com when we’re ready to go live on Shopify). Not everything is finished but you can get a sense of the accuracy of the conversion. Note that we’ve updated some fonts and look and feel as we work. The actual site that we’re using to convert from is at xialla-5.webflow.io. Note that the links there don’t all work when live because they’re the Shopify-specific links.

One thing I was worried about was whether the adapter was sort of a one-shot deal. I can say that it is definitely not. You can set everything up in WF, then run the adapter which takes a total of 2 minutes, and your Shopify site is ready. Then if you edit in WF you can update your site again in just a couple of minutes. Since it involves a theme update on each change, you do need to modify the checkout changes in Shopify each time (logo, colors) but this takes just a second.

I’m checking with Udesly to see if there’s a way to update only changed theme files between updates. If that’s possible then it would be even more amazing and it would reduce the update time to about a minute.

Ping me if you need any help with this. So far I highly recommend it and can’t say enough about the magic that Udesly has worked with this adapter. It really does open the door to development in WF while not losing the awesome infrastructure and developer community of Shopify.

1 Like