Copy and paste between projects/window/tabs

I think when this feature is ready, they’ll most likely block the ability to copy functions from templates, otherwise we’d be able to completely rip off entire templates or recreate them using copy/paste.
I mean, currently they already have it set up so that you can only use a purchased template for one project only, if you want to reuse it on another project…you have to repurchase it for that project.
So it only makes sense that we probably won’t be able to copy and paste elements from templates.

1 Like

Hm, quite spot on observation.

I would love to have this feature, too

1 Like

+1

I understand copying style rules may be tricky, but copying simple HTML blocks and their structure would be a great start already!

Question is: would webflow be better off making money selling templates or multiplying platform users? I personally think it is a bit short-sighted to (enormously) limiting webflow gowth as a company and potentially become a leading cms for the sake of selling templates

2 Likes

They’ll nail the copy/paste feature, and bar the ability to copy templates. Most templates are created by users and companies anyhow. I think it’s fairly short sighted to say they are going to limit their growth in any sizable capacity in regards to this topic in general. Enterprise level accounts are going to be floating their boat anyway. This platform is gaining serious attention beyond us.

1 Like

Perhaps they’d be best to consider a template licence fee per account, rather than per site.

That’d be one less (major) hurdle out of the way of delivering a copy/paste function.

Would this be easy to implement with template marketplaces outside Webflow, e.g. Themeforest?

Please vote for this feature here: Cross site copy/paste | Webflow Wishlist