Copy and pasting CMS template not working

Hi All,

New webflow user here :slight_smile:

So I have created my CMS collection in my project.

I am now trying to paste a template into the project from a webflow free template.

However, when I copy the Content Wrapper that contains all of the sub-elements, and paste it into a page into my project, it just pastes an empty collection list and says " For pasting cross-site we had to remove CMS binding".

I have searched through previous topics and note has been an issue before. People have suggesting unbinding all links which I have done but still no luck.

Please any help would be great as I require this template as I can’t manually do this myself.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Convert the cms collection to static data (Without binding) + Without cms collection. Add read-only link (+ what pages + What list you want to copy/paste).

EXAMPLE:

DATA:

**countries collections-cms**
text feild - county
text feild - capital city

± the idea - your collection list:
Parent - collection list:
{child/item 1 div}
– France (h2)
---- Paris (h3)
{child/item 2 div}
– England (h2)
----- London (h3)

Create Parent wrapper (Add same class) - create child div (add same class) - add h2 (add same class + write france) - copy h3 (Write Paris + add same class)
Create one “perfect” item (with the same structure and classes) - than duplicate and change data for all items

Its little tricky - but only for one time (Next time it will take 5-10 minutes)

Thanks for the reply Siton!

Unfortunately I don’t understand the code (I’m new to web building!)

But I solved it, I hadn’t unlinked all of the binded elements in template.

I may try your method next time with if there are loads of binded elements!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.