Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Copy Paste from one project to another

Hey I'm looking for a way to copy a container from one project to another. is there i way to do so?

Is it possible to copy one portion of a project to another project?

this option is a need. so many things will be possible when this happens... soon?

Currently no, but one should not rule out it might be possible to do so in the future. WF are working on som big stuff apparently.

This would be super helpful to be able reuse complex components or styling that you've made in other projects.

Would also help creating a 'template' project with elements for reuse.

Hey guys, we know this is absolutely needed, and it's something we'll have in the future. Unfortunately it requires a ton of technical work under the hood to make it happen (e.g. imagine copy/pasting a symbol from one site to another, where the target site has class names that conflict with the CSS classes being brought over) and it will take a while for us to get it out there.

What if we could create symbols separated from webpages that would allow us to load components. Like how Sketch uses symbols. Would this make it any less technically difficult?

I was just about to post this question when a message popped up saying it was similar to other questions, so I took a look and found this one. I agree with benstronaut, that maybe making a symbol that could be exported from one website project and imported to another sounds like a good idea.

Another idea could be a message pops up similar to this screenshot:

As a working method, I've often created new websites (or documents for desktop software) to test out ideas, do experiments, and I like to copy and paste them into a final website or document to finish. Maybe there's a way to do it through the Dashboard, so it's not actual copy and paste, and it's not exporting to one's desktop and importing from the desktop, but downloading it to a Resources folder in one's dashboard that is accessible from all sites in one's account.

February 2016. Still impossibile to copy and paste between projects? I suppose it should be a basic functionality...

Hey guys, we know this is absolutely needed, and it's something we'll have in the future. Unfortunately it requires a ton of technical work under the hood to make it happen (e.g. imagine copy/pasting a symbol from one site to another, where the target site has class names that conflict with the CSS classes being brought over) and it will take a while for us to get it out there.

@callmevlad, at this point, it'd save us all a TON of time to have the functionality. The class naming conflict issue doesn't have to be solved right away.

We would be thrilled if, when importing a symbol from one site to another, a simple notification would show up saying which element classes are conflicted if that was the case.

Any word yet on this feature? I know it was discussed recently on Nelson's Workshop. Sure would be a great Xmas present from Webflow :wink: