Copy/Paste older code into a template site breaks page?

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/grand-designs-kitchens-bathrooms?preview=a99819e5b4b25a4eb6490ca9fbfa684d

I have a website that is a Webflow template. Within this template there is a page called Gallery (Tabs)
In here I have copied/pasted a lightbox gallery block successfully used on older sites. It allows me to copy/paste no problem, however if I select the thumbnail image and try to access the element settings tab, the browser window just crashes.
I have tried this and Chrome and Safari, same thing happens. any ideas why this is happening?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out about being unable to access your copied lightbox settings. I imagine that is not what you were expecting, but I’m here to help!

This does sound like odd behavior, and I was also able to replicate the issue.

I have notified our team of your experience, and they are looking into it for you.

I will definitely provide an update as soon as possible of the fix once available.

Thanks again, and thank you for your patience.

Hi there,
any update on this?

Hello,
I’m requiring the copy/paste again this morning for a new website and notice this issue is still happening…
is there any update on the above?

I @Bammedia

Thanks again for posting here and apologies for the delay.

The team is still working on a way to prevent this issue from happening. I’ll be sure to keep this post updated as we learn more.

Until we are able to prevent this, the best solution here would be to delete and recreate the affected lightboxes. I definitely understand this isn’t an ideal workaround, but it should serve to unblock you for now.

Steps you can take:

• Delete the affected lightbox
  • Add a new lightbox from the Add Panel
  • Add back the class name
  • Choose the image and configure any lightbox settings

​Please let me know if this is helpful and I’ll be sure to post back as soon as I have more info.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.