Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Creating a CMS Structure

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me out. I’m about to design a site for a client and was wondering the best way to structure a CMS to handle their products.

They have 6 main categories, and within each about 4 sub-categories. I’m not sure on the best way to set up the CMS, so if A viewer clicks on Products they would see a list of the main 6 Categories, and if they select a particular Category they would see the relevant sub-cats.

Anyone have any best practice advice they could share please, before I crack on and build it please?

Many thanks,

Charlie

Seems like you need to create a collection for categories, a collection for sub categories, inside of which you’lle reference the categories collection, and a product collection, isndie of which you can reference the two other collections.

You’ll design the categories, sub cat and product individual page using the CMS collection Pages templates, and you’ll design your home page and categories list + sub categories list pages with static pages. In those stati page,s you’ll create collectionlists listing productsn categories or sub categories, with links to the individual items and other lists pages.

Hay Vincent,

Thanks for getting back to me and pointing me in the right direction.

So I create a sub category for each main category, or just one and then I reference the main category so it displays on the right page?

Many thanks.