Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Creating a floating social media menu

Hello,

Im very fresh and new to Webflow and although I'm slowly figuring things out, I haven't figured this out yet. I currently do not have a floating social media menu, but would like to create one for this client's website. How would I go about doing this?

This is an example of something I'd like to have. Appreciate the enlightenment of my ignorance!

my site

Hi @Shafee, so the best way to do this is to create a fixed sidebar and have that be the social elements. Add a div block and give it a class, then be sure to turn on advanced options in the style tab:

Set the position of the div to fixed, duplicating the below...

Then add your social elements inside that block, you can play around with the positioning more but that should be a good place to start!

Let me know if that helps,

Arthur

Thank you! This was very helpful. Now I'm assuming what I create in the desktop, since it is fixed, will look wonky on other devices, yeah?

Maybe this is what you're looking for addthis

@Shafee well it should work the same on other devices but you might want to play around with it a bit more to make it work

Arthur

Hey this is pretty cool! Unfortunately I'm unable to get the code to work when I paste it into the Custom Code area. After publishing, it simply doesn't show up.

Did you activate your sharing bar on addthis?

Yeah. Oddly enough, the mobile version is working, but the desktop version isn't working. I'm wondering if it is somehow hidden behind sections/elements?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.