Creating a Membership Login site with payment options

Has anyone ever done a license access for a website they have built in Webflow? I have a potential project where the client would want to sell access to a site as well as have individual login/passwords for users. Looking for a way to add that ability to a site created here.

Thanks!

3 Likes

you are talking about a membership site.

what do you want to know.

I am wondering what platforms are out there to be integrated with Webflow to achieve the membership access / login access. If it can be integrated right in Webflow that would be incredible, if it requires exporting and using elsewhere I am just curious what systems other people have been using.

Thanks!

You’re asking about frameworks… something like CakePHP.

To use a framework… you will need to export the code and self-host.

Other than methodology and process…

• I probably will not be of much assistance… because I don’t use any framework.

And yes… frameworks have their advantages (- and disadvantages).

Instead… I custom build the entire system out by hand

• using either php, coldfusion, or asp as the server-side language
  • and mysql, sql server, or oracle as the back-end.

If you know how to prep Webflow…

• you can somewhat ease the transfer from Webflow to whatever platform you will be using.

It’s easy to develop raw code…

• the hardest part is keeping the design in Webflow.

Once you have to modify something in raw code

• the difficulty of the transfer increases substantially.

These sites might be of interest to you

http://phpframeworks.com/

or search for

• php framework comparison

what you specifically asking about is the Auth Module

We use a custom authentication application we wrote.

1 Like

I’d kill for a login membership feature in webflow. PERIOD…

5 Likes

You didn’t clearly say what type of content members will have access to. However, I recommend you to check out plasso.co and memberful.com.

I highly recommend Plasso.co - You can offer a monthly subscription, users login to access content/videos etc. Stripe and PayPal payments accepted. You can also embed a sign up form or subscribe/buy now button on your Webflow site.

Hope this helps.

Users should have acces to the webflow site. Can one of those do that?

I guess what you can do is set the webflow site as private, and only provide the password after a user subscribes via an external tool (mentioned above).

1 Like

Ohhh man this would be mind blowing… please webflow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.