Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Creating In-line footnotes

Hello, this is my first post on the forum.

I’m trying to create an ‘inline footnote’:

Wordpress has a plug-in for this called [Modern Footnotes], however, I’d like to find a way to do this in Wordflow.

So far I’ve tried 3 approaches – based around making an accordion - but non of these has worked:

1. I created a text span around the word that I wanted to click in order to open the footnote. I made this into a trigger. I then split the paragraph at the end of the line containing this ‘trigger’ so that it was two separate paragraphs. In between these paragraphs I then placed another paragraph which contained the expandable footnote. I set this so that it would open like an accordion:

This way, when the accordion was closed, it looked like it was one paragraph:

The problem with this of course is that when i alter the text in the first paragraph, the accordion paragraph no longer sits directly below the trigger word, and the illusion is ruined:

Although this works, it would make for an awful lot of faffing every time i changes something…

1. I tried using ‘relative’ and ‘absolute’ positioning commands to see if i could position the accordion paragraph directly below the trigger’s “text span” box. If this was possible, then when i altered the text in the paragraph, the accordion paragraph would dynamically reposition to stay directly below the trigger word.

However, it seems that you can only position a paragraph box relative to a Div box, not to a ‘text span’:

1. Finally, i tried putting all the text in one paragraph. I then placed the accordion portion of it inside a text span, hoping that i could make this collapsible, but sadly it appears not…

Has anyone got any ideas? Or am i stuck with Wordpress for now?

Thanks, Alex

Here is my public share link: [LINK]1
(how to access public share link)

Hello @Alex_Y

Are you looking do do something like this?

Hi @aaronocampo, thanks for having a look at this.

It could be the answer… each “inline footnote” i use can contain several paragraphs, so on a mobile device you need to scroll down to get to the bottom, which is why i was trying to build it into the Div block. Would that work with this?

I’d certainly be happy with that look and feel if so.