Streaming live at 10am (PST)

CSV import other language characters / umlaut

I have a site that is in German. So the texts in my csv have German characters like ä, ö, ü und ß.
When I import the csv to Webflow these characters and also some punctuation marks are displayed as question marks or other glyph-symbols.

I have tried exporting the csv from Numbers, Excel and Libre Office with different specifications: Unicode UTF-8, West European (ASCII), West European (Windows Latin), West European (Mac OS) – all with the same result.

Does anyone know how I should export the csv or if there is anything else I can do to get all characters to show up correctly?

Any help is very much appreciated!
Thanks, Philipp

@Heldentaten
You will need to encode all those characters to html entities. This can be done in most developer editors. When you import csv data into a rich text field, the contents need to be formatted in HTML. When you choose a font to render the contents, you need to make sure it also supports the characters and glyphs your trying to display.

Here is an online tool where you could process some text and have it encode it for you . There are probably lots.

https://www.web2generators.com/html-based-tools/online-html-entities-encoder-and-decoder

@webdev Thanks a lot for your fast reply! That works and helped a lot!!