Custom Domain DNS Problem

Glad to hear that! Which direction did they decide to go in?

To be honest and to put everything in a nutshell. I forgot to set up the subdomain to set the CNAME Record :man_facepalming: but for my defense the DNS Settings of this hoster are pretty complicated. :wink:

Ahhh ok. I see! Well I’m glad you got that figured out! I agree though… domain and DNS settings can be pretty complicated. At least for me too haha.

1 Like

Hey Paul, I have the same issue. Can’t figure it out. Can you tell me the steps you took to get it running. Would be awesome.

Hi @frendlii,
sorry for the late reply.
What issue do you exactly have. If i know the exact problem i can check up on my strato setup and compare them maybe thats a way to find the solution for your issue.

Cheers
Paul

hi guys,

I also had the problem to set up the C-name at Strato but now comes the next problem. The connection is displayed in webflow as confirmed but when I publish the project 2x www is displayed in front of the domain and the page cannot be reached.

Does anyone have a solution?

How exactly did you solve it? Having the same problem here.

Could you please make a documentation? Having same issues here.

@Web_Desire @JanneWassberg @Noah-R @Stupid @Paul_Kirschvink @frendlii

I had the same problem. This is what seems to solve it:
In strato hosting:

1. create a new sub domain www for yourdomain.com
  2. Select the subdomain “www.yourdomain.com” and create CNAME DNS to “proxy-ssl.webflow.com.” <= the last dot after com. is important apparently.
  3. redirect 301 “yourdomain.com” to the sub-domain “www.yourdomain.com

In webflow:

1. Only add “www.yourdomain.com” as custom domain, not “yourdomain.com”. In that way you don’t need the TWO A-Records that webflow is asking for. Strato has only one.
  2. make “www.yourdomain.com” the default domain.
  3. publish in designer
  4. wait a couple of hours

This seems to work, however I am not a pro. Do you guys know If this solution might have disadvantages for SEO or performance?

cheers

7 Likes

Hey, I called Strato as well today as I had a similar issue. They couldn’t get it to work. I can only set one A Record (I think you do too?) and when I set the C Name Record for the www. subdomain, it shows up in Webflow as working but when I try to access the page, it redirects me to www.www.“address”.de.
Has anyone heard of this, or any idea what I could do?
Kind regards

I have exactly the same issue, could figure anything out? Neither Strato nor Webflow support were able or willing to help with this for me.

Very nice. Does it work on the long run? btw: We switched to united domains – working like a charm :heart_eyes: It exactly works like in the webflow domain hosting tutrorial.

Life-saver. Thank you!

1 Like

Awesome! trying right now!

10.000 hearts. Strato drove me crazy over the last couple of days…

2 Likes

Hey Eugen, thank you for your solution! :relaxed: did you also get the mail from Webflow to update the A-Records? do I have to change something now ? or does it not affect it because its on Strato?