Custom Domain Set Up

Hello community!

I’m having a bit of trouble getting my site to publish. I’ve connected the domains successfully (or so it says on the hosting tab) but when you access the site, it goes to a 404. Has anyone encountered this or found a solution? Here is the link: onsightoptics.us

Thanks so much!

If you follow all the steps in this video you should be fine:

With some hosting companies it sometimes takes a few hours to connect - It may be just a matter of time. Best of luck!

Hi @Paola_Batiz,
I get an redirection error in my browser. I don’t know when you have changed your dns settings, but it is possible that it takes your domain hoster some time to get things correct. I would try it in a few hours again and if the problem hasn’t fixed itself, we should look over your dns settings on the domain hosting service.
What hoster do you use?

Maxi

Hi Maxi,

Yes I noticed that as well, but there are no redirects set up on the domain – which I find weird. I’ve been at it since yesterday so it’s had what I assume enough time to propogate.

I have two domians – one is on Name Cheap and the other is on Go Daddy.

Hi @Paola_Batiz,
I found a forum thread with a similar problem.

They say you should set the www. Domain as a default in webflow. I don’t know if this is the solution.
If this doesn’t work, we need to take a look on your domain settings in godaddy. Because your site is definitely set do a 301 (moved permanently) …

Maxi