Custom form action + reCAPTCHA not working!

Hi team!

On our forms in WF we have activated a custom action which is to send info to Pardot (marketing automation by Salesforce). We have also added a reCAPTCHA field as well as a honeypot field (from Pardot). The reCAPTCHA seems to be working because I can see it appear on the website BUT we still get spam and I do not know how to fix this. We asked the Pardot folks and they said that they can’t do much since the form is hosted outside of Pardot.

Anyone here who could help?

Thank you!!

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/cloudideas?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=cloudideas&preview=27acb9586ce41cc41a72ea5f1f67803d&mode=preview

Your post action is external. Therefore no form processing is taking place on Webflow. So the reCAPTCHA won’t work.

1 Like

Ok thanks! Is there anything I can do to solve this? We already have a honeypot field there…

You can use a native Webflow form with reCAPTCHA (Webflow form action) and then integrate the submission to Pardot via Zapier. See Pardot & Webflow integrations, plus connect Salesforce, Slack, etc | Zapier

1 Like

Thank you! I will try that!!

We’re experiencing this same thing, but when using Zapier as a solution (where submissions go directly into a campaign and not a matching form on Pardot) we’re unable to use certain Pardot features (e.g. scoring leads according to form submissions as an action).

I’m guessing there’s nothing Webflow can do about it, but posting here in case anyone has found another workaround.