Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Custom META tags on collections are displaying as code rather than the text titles

We have added some custom code to allow META titles to be added to collection items. However, the code now seems to be appearing in the tab for the webpage in the place on the actual META title. Is there a way of stopping the code from appearing like this?

I have tried it on different browsers and cleared the cache on my browser to see if that would help, but it didn't.

@emma1 Thanks for posting this, this definitely sounds like odd behavior. I've seen that happen when the collection items don't have a value set for the field. You also shouldn't need any code in your meta tag fields. :confused:

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? When did it start occurring? Can you send me the site Read-Only links please?

@Waldo Hi, thanks for your reply. The META Titles are an issue on our collection items - blog posts, etc. We noticed the issue yesterday but not sure exactly when it started. We have only been adding the collection META titles in the last week though once the field was added.

A webflow designer/developer has looked at it for me, but the code issue isn't showing for them. However, myself and 2 colleagues can still see it.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/stride-alley?preview=c102773c58df8801bb7ae9ddc71026fe

Hi @emma1 it looks like your Meta Title fields are missing data resulting in that custom code displaying for the Page Title:

Can you please try updating your Meta Title fields for each of your blog post items, then re-publish your site to see if that resolves the error?

It looks like you only have the Meta Title set on one blog post at this time:

@waldo thanks for your help. I will re-add the meta titles and see if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.