Custom Publishing to Subdomain Only

Hello, I couldn’t find a definitive answer for this online so I thought I’d ask here. I have a client that wants to publish a CMS-driven site to a subdomain (design.website.com), however the main domain (website.com) is not a Webflow site and is hosted separately from the subdomain site we’re building. Is it possible to only do custom publishing to a subdomain when the main domain’s A record isn’t associated with Webflow’s DNS?

Hi @PG_DF welcome to the community :smiley:

Yes you can publish towards a subdomain. Just add a CNAME record that targets proxy.webflow.com and add that subdomain to your hosting settings page.

Hope this helps :smiley:

hi @PixelGeek - thxs for lettting us know this can work

Here’s what I’m trying to do, and i think it falls under the same bucket.

I have a shopify site, where I’ve already had to point my DNS to the root domain to a shopify IP addy
so www.myStore.com points to them and is my homepage to my site.

I’d like to have a blog for this site, but want to explore using Webflows CMS instead of the Shopify blog [ not too sure how this could impact my SEO ] . So I’m looking at pointing my Webflow CMS Blog site to www.blog.myStore.com - is this the same as what you have touched upon above?

Are there any help files or support links that you can guide me to?

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.