Custom Subdomain not Showing New Site

I have a website located at verconnect.com that was built and is hosted elsewhere. I have a subdomain, array.verconnect.com, that was built in Dreamweaver and hosted on those same servers.

I have rebuilt the site subdomain site in Webflow and have added hosting. I set up a custom domain array.verconnect.com, added proxy.webflow.com cname in DNS, and the status on Webflow shows connected. The problem is that when you go to that subdomain, it still shows the old website, not the new Webflow one.

I don’t want to and cannot change the base verconnect.com domain hosting or records, I can only mess with the subdomain. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas? https://www.whatsmydns.net/

Thank you

Now the site shows up in some places, but not others. How is this even possible?

Hey @SpecularDesign! The DNS settings always take up to 48h to fully propagate. So your website will slowly will be available on more and more devices until fully completed.

1 Like

Now the site shows up in some places, but not others. How is this even possible?

It looks like you have added the CNAME DNS record for the subdomain, but you didn’t remove the old A record. As a result, depending on how the DNS is resolved, some places will see the new site, and other places will see the old site.

To fix this, remove the old DNS A record which is pointed to 205.186.155.173 and it should start working.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding!

It’s been 4 days and seemed to be regressing… We deleted the A record that you mentioned, does a new A Record need to be added for the subdomain?

Nope! It looks to be correctly setup now.

1 Like

Thank you! This was really stressing me out. I love Webflow…