Delete Cells in Grid

Hi guys,

I’m new to Webflow and I’m trying to see if it’s possible to delete cells in a grid. I’m attaching screenshots of what I’m trying to accomplish. Any help would be appreciated. Or if anyone knows a better way of achieving this look I’m open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Portfolio Site

(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi Marvin,

Welcome to the Webflow Community.

You’re not able to delete those Grid Cells because they are part of existing Columns/Rows.

Unfortunately, you’re going to have to get the calculator out to calculate how many columns you’ll need in total to create the look you want :anguished: and adjust the Grid Areas accordingly.

Sorry, I don’t have better news for you.
Keiran

Thanks for your help knk!

1 Like

So, does that apply to just Mcooper19’s situation? I cannot delete rows either. They turn white, but still publish and appear as before. I tried RT click on the header, and, used the edit grid and clicked the trash can next to the rows I wanted off of the page. Same result.
So when I see that I can’t delete things that are part of existing Columns/Rows, I do not get it. I am trying to delete them because they are part of Columns/Rows, and I do not want them to be. I have watched alot of videos and it seems so easy, but not working for me. Any links would be greatly appreciated. I will go learn it, I just can’t find one relating to my issue.
Thank you everyone.

Hey @DoubleD,

It is possible to delete a ‘Row’, or ‘Column’ if there is no content in other ‘cells’ for that row or column. I know this sounds quite confusing!

Are you able to provide a ‘Read-Only’ link to your particular project, then we can see what is preventing you from making the changes you want to make?

Cheers
Keiran