Designer canvas - Links malforming in Paragraphs, and unable to delete some links

Having a number of weird designer issues in regards to links within standard (non-rich-text) paragraphs, including-

1. Empty links don’t delete and instead appear as a large square dashed box.
  2. Selecting an existing link doesn’t allow “unlinking” of that content.
  3. Sometimes unlinking will split links into two parts, etc.

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi memetican

Can You share your read-only Link, so We can dive in :slight_smile:

It’s not a coding or design issue, just a fundamental problem with the Paragraph links. I’ve deleted them and completely recreated the elements, pasting plain text to avoid link creation.

Have a look at the video to see the behavior; just create any paragraph, and you should see the same issues with links.

Hi @memetican

Thanks for posting about this. Definitely an edge case odd issue for sure. There’s a quick fix for it though — here’s a video:
CloudApp

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks @brando, that’s great, I’m getting the “dashed box” empty link effect a lot recently but fortunately only in Paragraphs. I’ll give this a try next time.

I found a similar behavior in the Rich Text, where the undeletable dashed box appears.

@Brando I’m still plagued by this, so I’ve got some more detail on how to reproduce it consistently.

Also for some reason I’m not able to get the Clear Styles to work. All of my other text styles disappear, however the dashed box persists.

My workaround so far is…

1. Never ever allow a link to be the last thing in the paragraph. Always have plain text after it, even if it’s just a period.
  2. When select-deleting a link always select & delete at least one non-link character after the end of the link.
  3. If at any time the dashed box appears, undo your last change. Because once the dashed box appears there is no way to remove it ( including clear-all-styles ).

If you need to delete a link that IS at the end of the paragraph, unlink it first, before deleting that text.

Hi @memetican

Thanks for the video on how to reproduce this! Super helpful!

Here’s a quick video for you addressing how to remove links and / or add content to the end of a link inside a text block:
CloudApp

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.