Designer not showing styles properly

I have run into this bug several times. The designer seems to not ignore style inheritance sometimes. It shows the state it should be in the GUI but it appears that it is not what is actually written to the CSS. See the following two screenshots for an example:

As you can see, the first image shows the container with an inherited text alignment of center but the text is actually aligned right since that was the setting it had on the larger viewport. Once I click center again however (image 2) the text aligns properly.

I have run into this on several occations. It is particularly prominent in text links. Since there is no way of setting the style for the <a> element, it defaults to the standard blue text with an underline but in the GUI it shows my standard settings (color: #262526 and no underline). In order to change the color value for example, I have to first set it to a different color and then set it to #262526 again in order for the color to stick.

Is this something that anyone else has run into and is there any way for me to fix it?

I’m currently running Chrome (Version 42.0.2311.90 m (64-bit)) on Windows 8.1 but I have seen the same behavior on my MacBook Air running OS X 10.10.3 and latest version of Safari.

I would have to see your designer to see what was going on. Are you nesting class?

I am actually in this case but I think I have seen it on non-nested classes too. Especially when it comes to links.

Here is how to post your project

I am having the same problem…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.