Designer window stuck - will not scroll (bug in Chrome only - this project only)

I hadn’t opened this project in quite a while. When I did, I selected the option to enable responsive images. It went through the process of creating the images, and now the project won’t scroll while in the designer.

If I put it into preview mode, it won’t scroll unless I select a block of text and move my mouse until the page scrolls to show more of the selected text, THEN I can scroll the page freely, but upon switching off preview mode, I can’t scroll anymore.

The published page scrolls just fine.

Running the latest version of Chrome on Mac. Just tried it in Safari and it works fine. I’ve tried restarting the browser, logging out/in, etc.

Am I missing something?

Designer - not scrolling:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/stutzman-brothers?preview=81fe61ba5bd1e682d483bcf85cb8d14a

Published - scrolling:
http://stutzman-brothers.webflow.io/![designer-locked|690x360](upload://zRRyfy3inD8X78oTMc808oxGY25.gif)

Edit: It is apparently not the act of selecting text that allows me to scroll, but the triggering of an interaction on one of the panels that’s halfway off the screen. I’ve discovered that I can do the same thing in the designer… if I trigger one of those interactions, then I can scroll the page. Until I do that, it’s locked.

Update: While working on the project, every 15-30 seconds it will reset up to the top and remain locked until I trigger an interaction on one of those divs, then it will scroll again.

Thanks for posting this, this definitely loooks like odd behavior.

What sites are you seeing this issue occur in? Is it only this one site?

Can you please try the following:
(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help
(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Chrome DevTools - Chrome Developers

Thanks in advance!

Only this site. Still happening in incognito.

Thanks again for posting about this and providing that extra info. I’ve passed this along to the team and we will continue investigating this issue.

In the mean time it looks like hovering over any of the three cards allows you to scroll.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.