Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Designing responsively for Windows

Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if anyone has any tips on designing responsively for windows. I previewed my website on a windows OS and for my home page, I found that the portfolio (i.e. mavis McMullen, critical thinking studio) sections were overlapping each other. There wasn’t adequate spacing in between, as there is when I view on an apple OS.

Please see share link below and let me know if you have any tips!

Here is my site Read-Only: my website
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

I can actually see that right in the designer. There is some crazy weird structure going on for the way you constructed your portfolio links. You use flex but set it so it can shrink if needed which will cause all kinds of problems. Can I ask why didn’t you just structure your site with the standard box model? Section > Container > link blocks > columns to set each side. This seems like a superiors way of building out your portfolio on the homepage.

1 Like

What type of computer are you using? The portfolio shows up fine in my designer, though tested it with a single windows OS and it was overlapping each other. Worked fine on all the other apple devices I tested on.

I used flex box so that i could easily change the layout to suit mobile. Not sure what you mean by columns set to each side? I’ll experiment and see if I can fix it.