Did the forum font change?

Something seems different. Is it the font?

Seems there are a couple changes in the layout of the forum including the font indeed.

the fonts and the way the member avatar appears.

The avatars seem to load very slow now.

I haven’t had any load speed issues…fast as always. Installed El Capitan yesterday and don’t remember if fonts were like this before or if something changed with it and Chrome.

I hate to tell them, but the readability of this font / font size is not as good as the other one. I’m having a hard time and I’m on a 25" screen. Perhaps just making it a tad larger will help.

@GodlessGlen I don’t mind it but it does seem a bit more difficult to read. Are you on a Mac with El Capitan? Asking because since I installed I’ve noticed some blurriness to fonts in nearly every browser seem to have more of a shadow or something happening. But it’s not changing in Apple Apps…even the images in Google Search Console seem a bit off.

I normally add the anti alias code below and it typically works okay but now it seems I need to dial it back to avoid some blurriness. But don’t know yet what it looks like on older browsers.

This doesn’t really make sense that El Capitan would be impacting the font in browsers. But something is off and I’ve checked my glasses for spots twice. :grinning:

html {
-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.004);
}

@jdesign I’m on a Mac with Yosemite 10.10 and I don’t think I’ve updated Safari either.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I’ve been experimenting. Will probably use a system font for the body text so it’s easier to read. Will update soon!

3 Likes

I love Circular as the thread title. Beautiful.

@thesergie I don’t know if you’ve changed it yet, but on my Macbook Air using Safari and I’m not having an issue.

Macs usually render custom fonts really well. Windows machines are a little more finicky. I changed the body text to Helvetica, Arial so it’s easy to read on any platform. Will still be using custom fonts for headings and non-body text. :thumbsup:

wow. what a difference. thx…

What happened to the forum fonts? They’re really hard to read in safari, theres some aliasing issues. It’s really apparent in the navbar. Personally, I think the old way looked a lot better and was way easier to read.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.