Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Different design for separate blog posts possible

Hi …

I’m trying to do row of 4 for blog posts… The first one “featured” I need to me different style… Same colours, but much bigger. I attached the screenshot of the design I would like to achieve. Is it possible to do something like that?

Thanks a mullion!

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

0 Likes

You could use to collection lists, the first with one item, styled as needed. The second for the balance.

0 Likes

Do you have any video tutorials on that one? I’m new to webflow and a bit confused … Thanks

0 Likes

Should be straight forward using Grid or divs to wrap the Collection Lists.

Create a Collection List to display just the big featured blog by creating a filter to show just the featured blog. Then place the single collection list in your desired area,

Then create a Collection List for the 4 blogs to the right of featured. Filter by displaying blogs 2-5.

Using Grid or a 50% width div will make things easier when you want to adjust the layout for mobile devices.

All other blogs can appear underneath in the usual way using the Collection List

0 Likes

Thanks a million… will try that. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

0 Likes

The only thing… There are goning to be more blog posts in the future… I’ll need everytime to add rows and columns, right?

0 Likes

Is the big post always going to be the latest blog?

0 Likes

Yes the latest always will be the big one

0 Likes

With the CMS, your latest blog will always be #1. So if you create a Collection List and limit it to only show #1 (using the filter) the latest blog will always appear there.

The second Collection List of 4 needs to be filtered to only show #2 - #5. That means this will show the previous 4 old #1’s (now relegated to 2-5).

The third Collection List should start from #6. And will continue to grow, unless you put a limit of say ‘only show 30’.

This way, everytime you upload a new post all the blogs will dynamically shift down a square.

0 Likes

Oh… I see… Thank you so much for such a good support. It really helps. Thanks

0 Likes