Disable - Log in to edit your website. (on my website)

Hello Webflow Community,

I need help to disable - Login to edit your website on my page. It would be a big help if someone can explain me how can I hide this function.

Phil

1 Like

Hi @Phil88 This bar only shows up if you add ?edit to the end of your URL.

If you’re referring to the little :pencil2: pencil icon on the bottom right, this only shows up if you’ve logged in to the CMS editor in the past. To remove it, just clear your cookies.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi PixelGeek,

thank you so much for your fast response and help. :grinning:
You make all the time very good tutorial videos.
Have a great week.

Best regards,
Phil

1 Like

I have the same issue and I don’t have ?edit in my URL. I tried deleting cookies in Chrome (latest version) and restarting but the bar is still there. It breaks my layout so it’s quite annoying. It’s not shown in anonymous mode.

This is, indeed, very unhelpful. For a company that knows the importance of pixel-perfection, having such an intrusive mechanism that ruins layouts is surprising to say the least. And for what? I can’t do anything with it anyway…

Funny thing is I even deleted all the webflow* cookies and still get this behavior. Works in incognito mode, but I don’t want to always have to do that, because I have my own non-first time user behaviors to check. So our site is broken for the people that look at it the most - us!

1 Like

Hi @PixelGeek , your solution works, but the issue I’m having with the Webflow Editor (whether logged in or not) is on pages that I’ve created for a client’s website where dynamic PDFs are created on the click of a ‘Download spec sheet’ button.

For example:
Sentinel Systems | AHD Dome Camera

If you’ve ever been logged into the Webflow editor, a grey box covers the content on the second page of the generated PDF.

The grey box doesn’t appear if you delete cookies or view in an ‘Incognito’ page in Chrome, but I’m assuming this isn’t supposed to happen. I get the same behaviour in Safari. I’ve never logged into the Webflow editor in Firefox and it doesn’t happen.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/sentinelsystems-v2?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=sentinelsystems-v2&preview=944d5f776d00ccdd804d1cfbe43e8a32&pageId=6222551d6e361ae82123cc09&itemId=62540c99d5c0ed644b391a19&workflow=preview

Is this a bug?

1 Like

Yes, I thought this just happening to me, deleting cookies works for me, but I think, in the matter of user experience, this shouldn’t need to happen right? for me the editor page ruins my page layout, that should be fixed I guess @WebflowCommunityTeam

@freelancedan I have similar issues with the editor and cookies triggering certain UIs.
For me it’s primarily when;

• I visit certain pages e.g. the search results page. I’ll get a big pop-up, even if I’m not logged into the editor, and haven’t been for some time. This only affects me and my clients ( people who have logged in prev. with the editor ), but not end-users.
  • Similarly if you shrink a browser window to a certain width, you’ll get an error message that the editor cannot be used at that width, even if you’re not in editor mode at all.

I’ve written some scripts and CSS that you can drop in to suppress these UIs, for me because of the annoyance to clients, and the ugly effect it has videos I’m recording.

If there’s a way you can reproduce the problem so that I can see the HTML, I could probably write up some css/js to remedy that, so that e.g. you can only ?edit login from the homepage, for example.

I’m not sure how we’d do that though unless you invite me as an admin and then walk me through the steps to reproduce your gray box issue.