Disable Webflow Subdomain Indexing

In SEO tab, it seems you can now only Disable Webflow Subdomain Indexing if you add hosting to the project? Is this a bug as I would not want a site I am building to get indexed until I am ready to take it live

Hi @Dave,

You can enable/disable indexing regardless if hosted or not.

All the best,
Naweed

This has changed. You have to set a site password should you want to prevent public access.

Related posts:

1 Like

thank you samliew, much appreciated

What??? Why is this feature locked now? What if I want to display a site designed on Webflow on my public profile and the site is being hosted elsewhere or if the client wanted it developed in WordPress after the design stage?

I might want to keep a copy of a client’s project in my account or keep a project confidencial while it is still under development.

Should we just delete all those projects or compromise confidencial agreements with our clients?

This makes no sense!

Then leave it unpublished or set a password so only you can view it

Then set a password so only you and clients can view it

If they are confidential, those projects shouldn’t even be on your profile.

I was talking about the ones under development! Thanks but I know the meaning of confidentiality!

This used to be a locked option, seems that it is available now. Why didn’t Webflow communicated this?
This will solve the confidentiality issue but not the other one.

I have a site on my public profile that in the end the client decided that he didn’t want to do the project. It was a 1 page prototype that I did for demonstrative purposes: Mercearia Familiar - Webflow

This “client” decided that he didn’t want to invest on a website so he doesn’t have one, but since I created this design, I want it on my portfolio / public profile… Now, if anyone just runs a quick search on Google, here is the site, so in the end, this guy just earned a “free” site that he has never paid for?

Should I just delete my work or pay for hosting on a “non-project”?

This question will have to be answered by Webflow staff.

Just know that there are multiple channels that updates can be communicated by the Webflow staff Web design, CMS, & hosting features | Webflow and Latest updates and features | Webflow and Webflow Blog articles on Announcements and Webflow and https://discourse.webflow.com/c/announcements, so you might have missed it (if there was such an announcement). Also, some times they do sneak in new features without announcing it first.

Yes, if you leave it that way. Or, no, you could always freely change the content as you wish. Just saying.

If you want to use another person’s logo and content, even if they did not pay, it is still copyright infringement as you did not get their permission. Change the content if you want to “showcase” it on your profile. Simple.

This is up to you. Really.

If you want to use another person’s logo and content, even if they did not pay, it is still copyright infringement as you did not get their permission. . Change the content if you want to “showcase” it on your profile. Simple.

Not if I have the client’s permission to do so (which I have), at least in Portugal. But changing the content might be the easier solution.

Thanks anyway for your feedback.