Display my product pricing in different currencies

Ola everybody,

I would like to display my package/product pricing on my website with an option for the visitor to change the price displayed into their chosen currency.

I only want:
Dollars, Euros, Pounds and ZAR (South African Rand).

The standard price displayed will be ZAR but then there should be a little display underneath that says show in: DOLLAR EURO POUND

Then if they click that the number should change based on the exchange rate of that time. I guess it would need to pull that data and perform a sum.

I don’t need any actual e-commerce fulfillment as the prices are just displayed to allow potential customers an idea of what we charge for basic video package offerings.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/happy-media-2017?utm_source=happy-media-2017&preview=979dd7a7b400b11f4f06f2c9c3f2c225

1 Like

Any comments from webflow on this one? I also have client who, in the new year, is very interested in pulling his e-commerce store over to webflow but has to have a currency convertor as he sells worldwide.

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Hello all.
Josh from Foxy here. If you’re using Foxy + Webflow, we’ve been working on a multi-currency feature for Webflow sites that handles auto conversions and display of price depending on the currency the customer has chosen.

We’re still smoothing things out, but please don’t hesitate to send us a quick email if you’re interested: hello@foxy.io.

More info about our seamless integration with Webflow can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io We offer an unlimited free trial, free one-on-one on-boarding, and more.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi there! There is no native solutions yet for multi-currency features.

You may look into third party tools, for example, Stripe for multi-currency payment. Plus, you may potentially use Geo Redirect tool to auto direct your visitors to correct currency displaying page. By seamlessly presenting local currency , it supports visitors’ purchasing decisions and increases conversion rate.

With Geo Redirect tool, It can detect your website visitors’ locations by IP and auto direct them. For example, exampleshop.com?cur=USD if visitor is in the US, or exampleshop.com?cur=ZAR if in South Africa. it’s easy to set up redirecting rules within a few steps. No code is necessary. The service will generate Javascript code for you to add to your website. Webflow platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

direct your visitors to correct currency displaying page

Hey @MichaelGeo,

just as a side note, do you happen to know off the top of your head how to connect those pages that differ only by currency displayed?
I mean once the user is moving from page to a page with the same currency (I call that a currency layer), how does one make sure that keeps happening?
Is it a cookie, does each page need to have a special ending… ?

I’m not a dev so I’m stuck on this.//

Do you know how to change currencies based on the subdomain? For example if have https://fr.mywebsite.com/ how would I change my currency (wrapped in a span) to French?

Hi @moofawsaw
For what it’s worth, this is possible with Foxy + Webflow. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh

I use https://www.monto.io/ for a automated currency conversion, based on ip address. It will convert all pricing elements in webflow to the currency of the location, it works well and is super easy to add to the site. The sales still go through the selected currency of the site but the customer see’s their currency through the sales process. It would be good if had a selector widget for the customer to select their own currency but it solves the main issue and is cheap.

2 Likes

Thank you for the shout out @mark-joncheff. Standing by if anyone wants a hand using our Multi Currency app for Webflow Ecommerce!

No worries. It would be a good upgrade or improvement on this feature if we had the option to show a currency selector widget on the site which would help customer experience. Love Monto!

1 Like