Do you use contracts?

Hi!

I was wondering if you guys are using proper contracts with your clients? My clients usually just sign the estimate and pay for a deposit. The thing is, I want to protect myself and to project my clients. So, if you are using contracts, i would like to know what the pros and cons are and what your contracts look like! I don’t want to scare my clients with a big contract but it seems to be really important to have one. I haven’t had a problem yet, but you never know!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@donaldsv
Use a contract!!! It’s worth it and adds value and reliability to what you are offering.

I’m not a professional, so I didn’t know that contract is a must.

1 Like

I definitely echo @Scott_Van_Zandt 's sentiments. Use a contract.

The following is a template of a contract that I’ve been using for the past few years. It’s simple, straightforward, and can be easily tailored to your needs: Basic Web Design Contract - No Proposal - Free Sample Contract

Hopefully this helps :blush:

3 Likes

@Brook_Davis @donaldsv Using a template like @micahryanhtml shared would be perfect when tweaked per project. I’d upload a contract template like that into this tool I use, It’s called HelloBonsai It’s honestly worth the $15/Month and helps keep everything (clients, invoices, proposals, contracts, and payments) organized and automated. I highly recommend checking it out,

2 Likes

Thumbs up for HelloBonsai – you don’t even have to use the platform. They offer a great free contract that you can tweak as needed.

2 Likes

you need a contract. ← that’s a period.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.