Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Don't be Gentle on Me

Thank you webflow and the awesome members we have here.
Please help me check out a mock up website i redesigned from a theme i found at themeforest.
Changed almost everything. Thanks to cheersdave for the count up jquery.

link: http://lando.webflow.io/
preview: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/lando?preview=undefined

Please i need your strong criticisms so i can get better. Don't be gentle.

Thanks

please update your post with a link to look at smile

post is updated. been working late into the night, haven't had much sleep.

Looking good! keep up the good work smile

Arthur

Thank You Arthur, i draw inspiration from your works

Looks good! how did you create the count up jquery?

Thanks smile

For the count up, i created a text span with class integer and styled it accordingly. The plugin counts up to the number i placed in the integer span class.

Then i added there three codes in the /body custom code and that was it.

the count up plugin:

<script>
    /*!
* jquery.counterup.js 1.0
* Copyright 2013, Benjamin Intal http://gambit.ph @bfintal
* Released under the GPL v2 License
* Date: Nov 26, 2013
*/(function(e){"use strict";e.fn.counterUp=function(t){var n=e.extend({time:400,delay:10},t);return this.each(function(){var t=e(this),r=n,i=function(){var e=[],n=r.time/r.delay,i=t.text(),s=/[0-9]+,[0-9]+/.test(i);i=i.replace(/,/g,"");var o=/^[0-9]+$/.test(i),u=/^[0-9]+\.[0-9]+$/.test(i),a=u?(i.split(".")[1]||[]).length:0;for(var f=n;f>=1;f--){var l=parseInt(i/n*f);u&&(l=parseFloat(i/n*f).toFixed(a));if(s)while(/(\d+)(\d{3})/.test(l.toString()))l=l.toString().replace(/(\d+)(\d{3})/,"$1,$2");e.unshift(l)}t.data("counterup-nums",e);t.text("0");var c=function(){t.text(t.data("counterup-nums").shift());if(t.data("counterup-nums").length)setTimeout(t.data("counterup-func"),r.delay);else{delete t.data("counterup-nums");t.data("counterup-nums",null);t.data("counterup-func",null)}};t.data("counterup-func",c);setTimeout(t.data("counterup-func"),r.delay)};t.waypoint(i,{offset:"100%",triggerOnce:!0})})}})(jQuery);
</script>

The time delay code:

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ) {
$('span.integer').counterUp({
delay: 10, // the delay time in ms
time: 1000 // the speed time in ms
});
});
</script>

and the waypoint.js, for it to work

<script>
    /*
jQuery Waypoints - v1.1.4
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Caleb Troughton
Dual licensed under the MIT license and GPL license.
https://github.com/imakewebthings/jquery-waypoints/blob/master/MIT-license.txt
https://github.com/imakewebthings/jquery-waypoints/blob/master/GPL-license.txt
*/
(function($,k,m,i,d){var e=$(i),g="waypoint.reached",b=function(o,n){o.element.trigger(g,n);if(o.options.triggerOnce){o.element[k]("destroy")}},h=function(p,o){var n=o.waypoints.length-1;while(n>=0&&o.waypoints[n].element[0]!==p[0]){n-=1}return n},f=[],l=function(n){$.extend(this,{element:$(n),oldScroll:0,waypoints:[],didScroll:false,didResize:false,doScroll:$.proxy(function(){var q=this.element.scrollTop(),p=q>this.oldScroll,s=this,r=$.grep(this.waypoints,function(u,t){return p?(u.offset>s.oldScroll&&u.offset<=q):(u.offset<=s.oldScroll&&u.offset>q)}),o=r.length;if(!this.oldScroll||!q){$[m]("refresh")}this.oldScroll=q;if(!o){return}if(!p){r.reverse()}$.each(r,function(u,t){if(t.options.continuous||u===o-1){b(t,[p?"down":"up"])}})},this)});$(n).scroll($.proxy(function(){if(!this.didScroll){this.didScroll=true;i.setTimeout($.proxy(function(){this.doScroll();this.didScroll=false},this),$[m].settings.scrollThrottle)}},this)).resize($.proxy(function(){if(!this.didResize){this.didResize=true;i.setTimeout($.proxy(function(){$[m]("refresh");this.didResize=false},this),$[m].settings.resizeThrottle)}},this));e.load($.proxy(function(){this.doScroll()},this))},j=function(n){var o=null;$.each(f,function(p,q){if(q.element[0]===n){o=q;return false}});return o},c={init:function(o,n){this.each(function(){var u=$.fn[k].defaults.context,q,t=$(this);if(n&&n.context){u=n.context}if(!$.isWindow(u)){u=t.closest(u)[0]}q=j(u);if(!q){q=new l(u);f.push(q)}var p=h(t,q),s=p<0?$.fn[k].defaults:q.waypoints[p].options,r=$.extend({},s,n);r.offset=r.offset==="bottom-in-view"?function(){var v=$.isWindow(u)?$[m]("viewportHeight"):$(u).height();return v-$(this).outerHeight()}:r.offset;if(p<0){q.waypoints.push({element:t,offset:null,options:r})}else{q.waypoints[p].options=r}if(o){t.bind(g,o)}if(n&&n.handler){t.bind(g,n.handler)}});$[m]("refresh");return this},remove:function(){return this.each(function(o,p){var n=$(p);$.each(f,function(r,s){var q=h(n,s);if(q>=0){s.waypoints.splice(q,1)}})})},destroy:function(){return this.unbind(g)[k]("remove")}},a={refresh:function(){$.each(f,function(r,s){var q=$.isWindow(s.element[0]),n=q?0:s.element.offset().top,p=q?$[m]("viewportHeight"):s.element.height(),o=q?0:s.element.scrollTop();$.each(s.waypoints,function(u,x){if(!x){return}var t=x.options.offset,w=x.offset;if(typeof x.options.offset==="function"){t=x.options.offset.apply(x.element)}else{if(typeof x.options.offset==="string"){var v=parseFloat(x.options.offset);t=x.options.offset.indexOf("%")?Math.ceil(p*(v/100)):v}}x.offset=x.element.offset().top-n+o-t;if(x.options.onlyOnScroll){return}if(w!==null&&s.oldScroll>w&&s.oldScroll<=x.offset){b(x,["up"])}else{if(w!==null&&s.oldScroll<w&&s.oldScroll>=x.offset){b(x,["down"])}else{if(!w&&o>x.offset){b(x,["down"])}}}});s.waypoints.sort(function(u,t){return u.offset-t.offset})})},viewportHeight:function(){return(i.innerHeight?i.innerHeight:e.height())},aggregate:function(){var n=$();$.each(f,function(o,p){$.each(p.waypoints,function(q,r){n=n.add(r.element)})});return n}};$.fn[k]=function(n){if(c[n]){return c[n].apply(this,Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,1))}else{if(typeof n==="function"||!n){return c.init.apply(this,arguments)}else{if(typeof n==="object"){return c.init.apply(this,[null,n])}else{$.error("Method "+n+" does not exist on jQuery "+k)}}}};$.fn[k].defaults={continuous:true,offset:0,triggerOnce:false,context:i};$[m]=function(n){if(a[n]){return a[n].apply(this)}else{return a.aggregate()}};$[m].settings={resizeThrottle:200,scrollThrottle:100};e.load(function(){$[m]("refresh")})})(jQuery,"waypoint","waypoints",this);
</script>

Add the three scripts as it is into the footer custom code. You can also change the delay and speed time to suit you.

There other different types of span you can use. Check cyberdave's post here http://forum.webflow.com/t/how-to-transfer-this-jquery-code-over-to-webflow-counting-up-of-numbers

My comments on usability: http://bounceapp.com/182081

Generally I dislike one-page sites - not because I have an issue with scrolling, but because clicking the menu buttons on the header causes confusion to me. I am expecting a new page to open and not to be scrolled down. I can guess it is the same with most other users. Maybe one-pagers should come with a convention for a special kind of header menu which clearly indicates that you are going to be scrolled down instead of brought to a new page.

One way we could do that is making a vertical menu fixed and not too obtrusive so it looks like selecting stuff from a list.

Does sound reasonable, I have already seen that and it feels ok to use to me. (Actually, maybe, this is the emerging natural convention for one-pagers?)