Download button not downloading file

Hi all, I have a button linked to a file that’s suppose to trigger a download when clicking on it, but for some reason it doesn’t work. I.e. clicking it does nothing. Copying and pasting the link into a browser, does however download the file…

As a test, I’ve created a fresh new project and linked a button to the url and it then works. I was wondering if it’s possibly a JS problem?

Anyone who can maybe have a look at this problem? https://preview.webflow.com/preview/thispattern?preview=151bccb921d8c038ee2b67171d479acc

Thanks Steyn

I don’t believe Webflow has the capability you’re looking for – there is no way to create a download button.

However, several people have asked how to do this, and this is the best answer I’ve found: Want to create a link to download a PDF - General - Forum | Webflow

So, you upload the file to DropBox, get the link from DropBox, insert the link in Webflow, and change the link so the final “0” is a “1.”

I’ve used this method, and it works just fine.

Hope that works for you! :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe I didn’t explain this well enough, but all files are stored on my side (Google Appengine) and the download button would point to the file’s url. So downloading a self-hosted file is definitely possible. I was able to recreate this when I created a new project but there seems to be something strange going on with the above project.

Any other thoughts?

Can you share a link to the example that works the way you want it to? Comparing the two might yield some insight.

Hi Steyn,

Its working here! when i download the file i get the zip file!
Chromo browser…

Thanks guys, we’ve figured it out outside of webflow. Don’t know exactly how but it works now.

Thanks all!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.