Dropdown Menu in Navbar not sitting at the top of the site

Hi All,

I’m completely new to Webflow and have spent the last two weeks going through various tutorials (which are some of the best software tutorial videos I’ve ever seen!) trying to get my head around how to set up my first site!

Everything has been going well so far and I’m slowly getting an understanding of how things work. I’ve hit a stumbling block when trying to set up my Nav bar though. The site I’m designing requires a mixture of direct nav links and dropdown menu links so I decided not to use the built in navbar widget because it wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do.

the problem I’m having is that the dropdown menu that I’ve placed in the nav bar won’t sit at the top of my site? I’ve made sure each element has 0 margins but can’t get it to sit at the top for some reason??

Can someone have a look at the link below and point out where I’ve gone wrong? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Dan

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/wb-website-2019?utm_source=wb-website-2019&preview=58ffba1c8f6200794c15b513fd9a8d7f

Hi @rosedani, This is how I would build out the nav…give the home page nav menu class a display flex. this will help you to keep the order and alignment of these different types of items. You will also need to remove the margin left and right that you have on the dropdown container. This should get you started in the right direction to your navigation!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the quick response @sarahdarr . That sorted the positioning out perfectly!

I just need to get my head around why it worked now! :grinning:

1 Like

The beauty of flexbox :slight_smile: