Dropdown Menu not working in Navbar

Hello,

I am making a Navbar with a dropdown menu in it. I have run into two issues. First I need the root of the dropdown menu to function as a navlink so that it will take you to that page. However the designer wont let me put a navlink in there.

The second issue is the links in the dropdown only work on the page that they are assigned to. So if I am on the “Products” page it will work properly however on every other page nothing happens. Note: the sublinks in the dropdown menu take you to different sections in the “Products” page.

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bigfishbi?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=bigfishbi&preview=96d972c4806b793b37ac575bf6a9ae3b&mode=preview

Hi Jackson,

Think I understand. Having the ‘root’ of the dropdown as a navlink can be very confusing from a user accessibility point of view. The expectation is that clicking (or hovering) on this activates the dropdown - so if this continually takes the user to a link it could be annoying.

A solution would be to create an “Overview” or “All Products” page, depending on what link you wanted the root to go to.

Regarding your second point, a little confusing as I can’t see a products page and the links in the dropdown aren’t currently linked to anything. Not sure if this is what you’re after however -
a) you have all your products in the eCommerce products area;
b) assign products to a specific category;
c) dropdown in menu links to those categories?

Let me know and am sure someone can help out further.

Regards,
Dom