RESOLVED: Dropdown Subdropdown link menu not working in mobile

Hey guys,

i have a menu with two level of dropdown. On desktop the menu works perfectly, but on mobile (tablet, phone) the subdropdown link doesn´t work (see picture).

The link that doesn´work on mobile is standorte/Germany/Frankfurt

I think its the same problem or bug, as discribed in this post

Here is my public share link: Link

Hey @Maurice

I tried to reproduce this in a blank canvas, but I couldn’t. See here: http://blank-0592d2.webflow.io/
And here’s the share link: Link.

It might be that a style setting is causing the issue. Can you try to reproduce the behavior by recreating the navbar in your project without using any styling?

Note:
With native Webflow components, some display and positioning styles can break the component. Hence, we advise to be careful when changing default styles of some of these components. However, you can still create the style you want by creating your own components with divs and interactions.

​Hope this is helpful.

Hey @AnnaKelian,

so i checked your example page and on desktop it works like my navigation, but on mobile the link on the first dropdown doesn´t work. Its exact the same that happens with my navigation.

I have an iPhone 7 plus and your safari as browser. Its look like a bug in webflow.

Edit: I also tested this with an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Chrome and Firefox as browser, same results.

Hi @Maurice

Thanks for getting back on this. That is really odd. Now after testing on other devices, I was able to reproduce the behavior as well. I’ll let the team know about it and we’ll keep you posted when a solution is found.

Thanks @AnnaKelian , hopefully you get a solution for this. It would be painful to rebuild the navigation with custom divs and interactions.

@AnnaKelian @PixelGeek,

is there anything new about the bug? Any updates incoming?

Hi @Maurice

I am following up with the team on this. However, we are currently still investigating the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

​Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

I will post back here as soon as I have more information.

Hi @AnnaKelian,

do you have a solution for the bug now? The release of this big web project comes closer and closer. I need to know if there comes a solution in the near future or if I built my own custom navigation.

I would prefer you solve these problem, because less custom code is still better.

best,
maurice

Hi Maurice,

We are still investigating the issue. I do not have any timeframe for when it will be fixed. I will post back here as soon as I have more information.

Ok I hope the fix comes really soon.

Hi @AnnaKelian,

maybe this helps you to fix the bug. I got a workaround that works for me great.
With the following code snippet the dropdown issue is solved for me:

$('.dropdown-sub .dropdown-list-sub a').on('touchstart', function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    window.location.href = $(this).attr('href');
})

best,
maurice

Hi @Maurice, thanks for the update and the feedback about the solution you found. As soon as the fix is pushed out on this, I will let you know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Maurice

I’m glad you found a workaround. Also glad to report that we just pushed a fix for this issue. Links in nested dropdown menus should now work on mobiles.

Thanks again for your patience .

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.